If you are waiting for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7, so now stop waiting and try to update your Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 with CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM by following this easy guide. But before proceeding please note that this is the custom firmware released by CyanogenMod team, neither manufacturer nor Google has released it. So please check that your mobile is rooted. By this new and improved Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom CM10.1 M3 ROM you can enjoy all the features of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean along with the custom tweaks (trademark of CyanogenMod ROM). With the help this guide you will learn how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM 10.1 for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7. You can easily end up with successful installation of custom ROM 10.1 with the tips, instructions and step wise procedure provided to you in this guide. As a advise please make a backup of your data before installing CM10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, as while the process of installation you might end up with losing up your existing apps and personal settings.
File Required to Download
We are using ClockworkMod Recovery over here as most of the users have it. But this may also work with other similar recoveries like TWRP Recovery.
While installing please follow each and every step very carefully, as failing to do this may result to brick your device.
Please check all the pre-requisites before installing, mentioned below.
If Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1 M3 does’nt work on your Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7, the way you want to. Then for that case it is suggested to make backup of your Nandroid. This would result to be very helpful.
Neither manufacturer nor Google has released it. This is the custom firmware.
Perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache few more times before rebooting, in case you stuck on boot or experiencing boot loop.
Please wait for minimum 5 min after first boot, so that meanwhile ROM can settle everything
Don’t try this tutorial in any other Android device except Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7. BEFORE YOU START UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU ALL THE TOOLS ,FIRMWARES MODS AND ROM WHICH USED IN THIS TUTORIAL DOESN’T BELONG TO THE OWNER OR DEVELOPER OF THIS SITE.IF ANY MISHAPPENING OR SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH YOUR DEVICE WE THE DEVELOPER OR TECHNOANSWER.COM WILL NOT HELD LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE(BRICK IN DEVICE ,SOFTWARE PROBLEM OR HARDWARE PROBLEM) CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE.YOUR SITE IS NOT FORCING YOU TO ATTEMPT THIS TUTORIAL AND WE ARE NOT MOTIVATING YOU TO DO THIS.
After completing the things mentioned below you will be ready to follow the step by step guide to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 ROM custom firmware for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7.
Please make a check that the battery power of your device is at least 80%, else if the device turn in the mid of installation then it may result in the device hard brick.
Make sure that USB Driver is already installed in your PC for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7.
For transferring the file between your PC and smartphone, make sure that USB Debugging is enabled. Else the transferring of files won’t be possible.
Check that your device is rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery.
Now before you start the installation of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 ROM custom firmware for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7, make a backup of fallowing things, so in case you happen to loose any data you can recover it with ease.
SMS & Call Log- Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App.
Contacts & Settings- Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Follow the following path “Applications > Settings >Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Enable USB debugging of your phone.
Download USB Drivers for your phone.
Check the Remaining battery of your phone.
Steps To Install
- Establish a connection between your PC and your smartphone with the help of USB cable.
- Now copy all the downloaded files to the SD card of your mobile. CAUTION: You have to copy the files, don’t extract any of them.
- Remove the USB and disconnect your phone and PC.
- Now switch off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode. For this, reboot phone and press Volume Up button few times with Home while booting. At the time of recovery Volume buttons are used to scroll and Power button are used to select.
- In case you are afraid or not sure that this new ROM will work properly in your phone, then make a Nandroid backup of your current existing ROM. This may also help in the cases you want to go back to your old ROM. For performing the backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Once the process backup is complete, move back to the main recovery menu.
- In next step, you have to perform the data wiping task. For this, click wipe data/factory reset.
- Now the next screen appears, click Yes on this screen just to confirm your action. Once the wipe is complete, move back to main menu of ClockworkMod Recovery. Now click wipe cache partition, once the process of wiping is done perform Dalvik cache wiping. For this, under the advance option click Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now to begin the installation of ROM, first select install zip (flash zip) and then choose zip from SD card. Now locate the downloaded files that you copied in the SD card. Select it by pressing Power button. Now the next screen appears, click Yes on this screen just to confirm your installation action.
- After the process of ROM installation finishes , move back to the main recovery menu. Now its time to reboot the phone. For this, select reboot system now and boot up into customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM CM10.1. This process of first boot up is going to take some time. So wait for this process to complete.
- Now this was the final step. After this, new ROM is now installed in your phone.
- In case you want to return to your previous ROM. Boot into recovery, select backup and restore.
- Now form the list provided select your previous ROM and continue restoring it.